MWA Expression of Interest and pre-operations meeting for potential users
Feb 25-26 2013: Perth, Western Australia
As outlined in the recently distributed first Announcement of Opportunity for the MWA (http://www.mwatelescope.org/info/docs/MWA-AO-01.pdf), the project is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI) for science projects that require an observing time allocation on the MWA. The EoI step is a precursor to the preparation of full observing proposals in the March/April time frame, anticipating the commencement of the first MWA operations period from July 2013.
In order to help potential MWA users prepare for proposal writing and the operations phase, a meeting will be held in Perth on February 25 and 26, 2013 (as flagged in the AO documentation). The meeting will be open to all potential MWA users, regardless of prior participation in the EoI process (EoIs are due on February 1, 2013). The goals of the meeting are:
- To provide the most up-to-date information to the potential MWA user community regarding the projected operational capabilities of the MWA;
- To describe the MWA operational model and operations team;
- To provide the most up-to-date advice on the timeline of project activities leading up to the commencement of operations;
- To provide the most up-to-date information regarding scheduling and data handling considerations for the operational MWA;
- To obtain feedback from the community on the EoI process and input regarding the upcoming proposal preparation process;
- To discuss the results of the EoI process and provide visibility for and discussion of the science programs likely to be proposed.
This will be an important meeting that will bring together the MWA project staff and users, approximately four months before MWA operations commence. Attendance is strongly encouraged for anyone who anticipates proposing for MWA observing time and/or working on MWA datasets from the full array.
The meeting will be held at Curtin University, on February 25/26, 2013. A registration page has been set up at:
This page currently supports registration and will also be populated with a meeting agenda, local accommodation and travel information, and further advice shortly. The deadline for registration will be February 20, 2013.
The MWA team looks forward to meeting with you in February in Perth, to embark upon the final stage of activity prior to the commencement of MWA operations.
Also in this section